Library: Monthly Commentary on Business and HR Issues
A Review Of 2011 & Preview Of 2012
Posted: 12/26/2011 By David Wexler
Other Reflections Articles
- The Invisible Hand (of HR)
- So, Who Owns Culture & Culture Shift In Organizations?
- What kind of HR Leader Are You?
- What CEOs Say About HR
- Are We Financial Illiterates?
- Are You Looking for Work?
- What Does Your Business Consider Key For Success?
- The Implications Of The Changing Physical Work Environment
- David Wexler
- Something I Learned for Dealing With Toxic Leaders
- The Importance Of Staying Connected
- Reinventing Recruiting
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...
- Some Thoughts & Take-Aways From U.S. Conference
- Human Resources and Metrics
- For Ourselves
- Have Some CEO's Lost Their Way?
- What To Do When 1000 Search Firms Come Calling
- My Wish List For Professional HR Associations
- Are We At The Beginning Of The Next Wave Of Career Moves?
- Searching for Mr. or Ms. Good CEO
- New Budget and a chance for some refreshed thoughts
- A Darwinian Approach To HR Leadership
- HR is key in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working Long Hours? Better Buy A Defibrillator
- Making Sure the Employee Fits The Job
- Should We Pay for Whistle-Blowing
- Some Thoughts RE: Spring Cleaning
- Are We Doing Our Jobs As HR Leaders?
- So The Recession Is Over, Now What?
On a personal note, I got to test myself in climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, and came away convinced that with great luck, faith in oneself and one's peers, and by breaking down seemingly monumental tasks into small steps, anything is do-able.
Professionally, I moved back to Toronto, and divided my year between an incredibly successful Private Equity firm, and an incredibly exciting Social Media start-up. Seemingly these firms are at the opposite ends of the wealth spectrum, with one managing billions in assets and the other mere millions. What becomes apparent though is that both firms succeed because of visionary leadership. The test will come as both continue to scale. Can visionary f.....
LOG ON: Please Login / Sign In with your member access to view and comment on the rest of this post.