Library: Monthly Commentary on Business and HR Issues
Some Thoughts & Take-Aways From U.S. Conference
Posted: 10/15/2012 By David Wexler
Other Reflections Articles
- The Invisible Hand (of HR)
- So, Who Owns Culture & Culture Shift In Organizations?
- What kind of HR Leader Are You?
- What CEOs Say About HR
- Are We Financial Illiterates?
- Are You Looking for Work?
- What Does Your Business Consider Key For Success?
- The Implications Of The Changing Physical Work Environment
- David Wexler
- Something I Learned for Dealing With Toxic Leaders
- The Importance Of Staying Connected
- Reinventing Recruiting
- A Review Of 2011 & Preview Of 2012
- Searching for Mr. or Ms. Good CEO
- New Budget and a chance for some refreshed thoughts
- A Darwinian Approach To HR Leadership
- HR is key in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working Long Hours? Better Buy A Defibrillator
- Making Sure the Employee Fits The Job
- Should We Pay for Whistle-Blowing
- Some Thoughts RE: Spring Cleaning
- Are We Doing Our Jobs As HR Leaders?
- So The Recession Is Over, Now What?
Hot weather aside, there were also some very hot speakers on the agenda, and the conference was attended by more than 600 HR professionals (mostly from the U.S., but with a sprinkling from Canada, Europe, and places such as South Africa and Saudi Arabia).
Speakers included Linda Rottenberg, CEO & Co-Founder of Endeavour (which helps emerging market leaders to be successful); David Novak, Chair & CEO of Yum Brands (owners of KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut), and Dr. Deepak Chopra, author & global thought leader.
In any large conference, there is usually a lot.....
LOG ON: Please Login / Sign In with your member access to view and comment on the rest of this post.