Library: Monthly Commentary on Business and HR Issues
Looking for Fame and Fortune?
Posted: 2013-03-20 By David Wexler
Other Reflections Articles
- The Invisible Hand (of HR)
- So, Who Owns Culture & Culture Shift In Organizations?
- What kind of HR Leader Are You?
- What CEOs Say About HR
- Are We Financial Illiterates?
- Are You Looking for Work?
- What Does Your Business Consider Key For Success?
- The Implications Of The Changing Physical Work Environment
- David Wexler
- Something I Learned for Dealing With Toxic Leaders
- The Importance Of Staying Connected
- Reinventing Recruiting
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...
- Some Thoughts & Take-Aways From U.S. Conference
- Human Resources and Metrics
- For Ourselves
- Have Some CEO's Lost Their Way?
- What To Do When 1000 Search Firms Come Calling
- My Wish List For Professional HR Associations
- Are We At The Beginning Of The Next Wave Of Career Moves?
- A Review Of 2011 & Preview Of 2012
- Searching for Mr. or Ms. Good CEO
- New Budget and a chance for some refreshed thoughts
- A Darwinian Approach To HR Leadership
- HR is key in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working Long Hours? Better Buy A Defibrillator
- Making Sure the Employee Fits The Job
- Should We Pay for Whistle-Blowing
- Some Thoughts RE: Spring Cleaning
- Are We Doing Our Jobs As HR Leaders?
- So The Recession Is Over, Now What?
Looking for Fame and Fortune? Look no further than international markets.
“Go west young man” is a saying that many of my generation grew up on. At first, it symbolized the great American frontier that was opening up, and the advice offered to young, often impoverished Americans and recently arrived immigrants to the United States, as a place where they could realize fame and fortune in the expanding markets of the Western U.S.
More recently, it has come to represent the opportunities available to Canadians from Eastern and Atlantic Canada in Saskatchewan and Alberta.
For those of us in HR though, looking to expand our horizons and realize growth and career success, it may now be time to “Go To The .....
LOG ON: Please Login / Sign In with your member access to view and comment on the rest of this post.