Library: Monthly Commentary on Business and HR Issues
Valuing Businesses-An HR Take On Things
Posted: 2013-05-21 By David Wexler
Other Reflections Articles
- The Invisible Hand (of HR)
- So, Who Owns Culture & Culture Shift In Organizations?
- What kind of HR Leader Are You?
- What CEOs Say About HR
- Are We Financial Illiterates?
- Are You Looking for Work?
- What Does Your Business Consider Key For Success?
- The Implications Of The Changing Physical Work Environment
- David Wexler
- Something I Learned for Dealing With Toxic Leaders
- The Importance Of Staying Connected
- Reinventing Recruiting
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...
- Some Thoughts & Take-Aways From U.S. Conference
- Human Resources and Metrics
- For Ourselves
- Have Some CEO's Lost Their Way?
- What To Do When 1000 Search Firms Come Calling
- My Wish List For Professional HR Associations
- Are We At The Beginning Of The Next Wave Of Career Moves?
- A Review Of 2011 & Preview Of 2012
- Searching for Mr. or Ms. Good CEO
- New Budget and a chance for some refreshed thoughts
- A Darwinian Approach To HR Leadership
- HR is key in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working Long Hours? Better Buy A Defibrillator
- Making Sure the Employee Fits The Job
- Should We Pay for Whistle-Blowing
- Some Thoughts RE: Spring Cleaning
- Are We Doing Our Jobs As HR Leaders?
- So The Recession Is Over, Now What?
Last week, at an excellent and enjoyable SCNetwork event exclusively for Corporate Subscribers, I, along with other attendees had an opportunity to hear from two members of the investing professionals community; individuals who derive their livelihoods by making the right calls on which public and private companies to invest in.
The purpose of the session was to help educate the HR audience on how investors determine whether or not to recommend investments, and there was discussion around strategy, leadership, and the various numerical variables that drive this decision-making.
I thought that both speakers did a marvelous job in talking about the numbers: how cash flow, EBITDA, ROE, D/E ratios, and IRR trends over time tell a lot abou.....
LOG ON: Please Login / Sign In with your member access to view and comment on the rest of this post.