Library: Monthly Commentary on Business and HR Issues
What CEOs Say About HR
Posted: 9/19/2014 By David Wexler
Other Reflections Articles
- The Invisible Hand (of HR)
- So, Who Owns Culture & Culture Shift In Organizations?
- What kind of HR Leader Are You?
- Are We Financial Illiterates?
- Are You Looking for Work?
- What Does Your Business Consider Key For Success?
- The Implications Of The Changing Physical Work Environment
- David Wexler
- Something I Learned for Dealing With Toxic Leaders
- The Importance Of Staying Connected
- Reinventing Recruiting
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...
- Some Thoughts & Take-Aways From U.S. Conference
- Human Resources and Metrics
- For Ourselves
- Have Some CEO's Lost Their Way?
- What To Do When 1000 Search Firms Come Calling
- My Wish List For Professional HR Associations
- Are We At The Beginning Of The Next Wave Of Career Moves?
- A Review Of 2011 & Preview Of 2012
- Searching for Mr. or Ms. Good CEO
- New Budget and a chance for some refreshed thoughts
- A Darwinian Approach To HR Leadership
- HR is key in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Working Long Hours? Better Buy A Defibrillator
- Making Sure the Employee Fits The Job
- Should We Pay for Whistle-Blowing
- Some Thoughts RE: Spring Cleaning
- Are We Doing Our Jobs As HR Leaders?
- So The Recession Is Over, Now What?
Recently, in preparation for a speaking engagement on what organizations can do to create and sustain a healthy corporate working environment for their employees, I asked a number of CEOs from different industries and different sized companies for their thoughts on the topic and the role of HR here.
14 CEOs responded to my four questions, three of which directly focused on healthy employee work environments and here is what they had to say:
Question: What five or fewer indicators tell you that you have a healthy employee working environment?
Responses varied but in a majority of cases, these predominated:
- We have open communication (as measured by MBWA and EES results)
- We have high employee engagement (as measured by di.....
LOG ON: Please Login / Sign In with your member access to view and comment on the rest of this post.